East Taipei (Xinyi District, Songshan District, & Nangang District)
Taipei Urban Culture Tour
- National Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall → Discovery Center of Taipei → Taipei 101 → Xinyi Shopping District (shopping & dining)→ Eslite Bookstore (Xinyi Flagship Store)
- The Xinyi Shopping District brings together Taipei City Hall, Taipei World Trade Center, Taipei International Convention Center, Novel Hall, Vie Show Cinemas, Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Xinyi Place, Grand Hyatt, Taipei 101 and other landmark sites. For shopping, dining and just plain fun, this is the "Manhattan of Taipei."
- Wufenpu Garment Wholesale Area (shopping) → Songshan Xiahai City God Temple → Songshan Ciyou Temple → Raohe Street Night Market → Rainbow Bridge (night view)
- Songshan Station Shopping District is home to Xiahai City God Temple, Ciyou Temple, Raohe Street Night Market and Wufenpu Garment Wholesale Area. Xiahai City God Temple is dedicated to Chenghuang Laoye (the City God). Other deities worshipped here include Guanyin, the Five Gods of Wealth, Matchmaker God, Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva, Fude Zhengshen (the Earth God), and Guan Yu. The Matchmaker God is especially popular among singles looking for connubial bliss. Ciyou Temple, where the principle deity in Mazu, is located by Raohe Street Night Market, a magnet for restaurants, snack stalls and specialty shops offering endless dining and shopping opportunities. This area begins to liven up after the sundown. At Wufenpu Garment Wholesale Area, clothing and accessory shops sell a tempting array of goods at very attractive prices.
Nangang Tea & Nature Tour
- Osmanthus Suspension Bridge → Osmanthus Forest Trail → Specialty tea houses (tea cuisine) → Nangang Tea Processing Demonstration Center (DIY or tea drinking)
- Nangang occupies a central place in Taipei's tea industry. This district takes on a special charm during the osmanthus season, when these blooms fill the air with their sweet fragrance. You can head first to the sweet osmanthus groves to enjoy the flowers and then go for a stroll to the Osmanthus Suspension Bridge to take in the view. Then feast on some tea cuisine and Baozhong tea at a local tea farm restaurant. Tea lovers should also be sure to visit the Nangang Tea Processing Demonstration Center for an introduction to the history of the Nangang tea farms and the tea-making process.