The Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSPR) connects major cities in western Taiwan between Taipei and Kaohsiung. Opened on January 5, 2007, the 345 Km-long rail system has become an important part of Taiwan's transportation network.
Taoyuan High Speed Rail Station
Address No. 6, Section 1, Gaotie North Road, Zhongli, Taoyuan Prefecture
Hours: 06:20 - 23:45 everyday.
Service hotline: 886-3-2612000
External connection. The Taoyuan High Speed Rail Station shares the same complex with the Taoyuan International Airport metro station (MRT A18 Station). Passengers can transfer from high speed rail directly to the airport metro system.
Taipei High Speed Station
Address No. 3, Beiping West Road, Taipei
Hours: 06:00 - 24:00 everyday
Service hotline: 886-2-40663000
External connection. The Taipei High Speed Rail Station shares the same complex with the Taiwan Railway Station and its metro station. The Taipei Railway Station is conveniently located in the nexus of the city transportation network. The station is included in all major public trnasportation system.
Taiwan High Speed Rail
- Model: THSR 700T
- Electrical power: 25kV AC, 60 Hz single-phase
- Cars: 12 car sections, 9 powered and 3 unpowered
- Capacity: 989 seats (standard car 923 seats, business car 66 seats)
- Maximum speed: 300 km/hour
- Maximum acceleration: 2 km/hour/second
- Customer service: 886-2-66268000
- Reservation: 4066-0000
- Website: http://www.thsrc.com.tw/en/?lc=en