Travelling back in time: let’s go to school with Confucius! Enjoy the multimedia ‘Six Arts’ show at Taipei Confucius Temple!
Compared to the modern school curriculum, did Chinese students learn anything different 2,000 years ago? Let’s find out by venturing back in time at the Taipei Confucius Temple, where a “Six Arts” show will take place in four locations to feature multimedia interactive facilities, a display of ritual objects and fun-filled interactions that shed new light on the Six Arts (etiquette, music, archery, charioteering, literacy and mathematics) of Confucianism.
Here is a sneak peek inside the show’s intriguing, novelty-packed exhibits: 1. A Trip around Confucius’ School In a realistic setting, how Confucius lectured and interacted with his students, along with an overview of his life, a map of ancient states he visited, and animated films about the Six Arts and the Analects.
2. The Arts of Etiquette and Music: Virtual Interactions with the Yi Dancers Have your close-up photos taken with a multimedia camera and projected onto the screen, and see yourself dancing with the Yi Dancers that make the temple’s sacrificial rites so famous!
3. The Art of Archery: A 3D Theater Confucius is not only remembered as a great scholar, but also a great archer! The five ancient archery techniques are demonstrated using state-of-art, 3-dimensional technologies.
4. The Art of Charioteering: A Virtual Game Inspired by Ancient Charioteers This revolutionary, multi-stage game with awesome graphics will surely excite players, who also get to sit in a replica of an ancient chariot!
5. The Art of Calligraphy: A Virtual Handwriting Session! The beauty of Chinese characters is acclaimed worldwide. Stroke by stroke, even foreigners can write Chinese characters beautifully!
6. The Art of Mathematics: Let’s Calculate How Tall the Historic Figures Were! What were the heights of Guan Yu and Cao Cao? Let’s unveil the secrets of Chinese historic figures, converted into today’s measurement system!